Friday, December 18, 2009

Traditions

I love starting new traditions. I love having traditions. I love everything about traditions. Especially around Christmas time. This year, we started a new tradition thanks to my mother-in-law, Dixie. She gave us an advent calendar. Isn't it adorable?


So, every morning before Ryan heads off to work, Isabel asks about a door. She loves opening them and seeing what is inside. I mean, what is better than money? Chocolate money, that's what.

I love this tradition and I am so excited to keep it as a family fun activity. I tried to convince Dixie that the tradition would be even better if she filled it every year but I think we will give her a break. This will probably be one of the things I remember most about this year. Here is what the morning door opening ceremony looks like for us.

Isabel opens the door.

Isabel inspects the goods.

And score, she likes it!

4 comments:

Ginna said...

I love it! We have two advents calendars going this year. Max loves it. I'm going to post about them soon I think. Isobel is so adorable!

Ginna said...

Even though I spelled her name wrong. Argh, sorry.

Erin said...

we have 5 advent things going on here. It's almost a little crazy! But I agree, it is so fun.

Erin said...

Such a cute idea! And I like chocolate money almost as much as real money.