Friday, December 4, 2009

The Baño

I decided it was time to do another home update post. This is the room that Ryan is most proud of, and for good reason. This room was once ripped all the way down to the studs. Seriously. It was oh such a long time that we would have to run down to the basement to go to the bathroom. But, now? We have a glorious toilet AND shower AND sink (all in the same room!) and we can proudly say that we didn't have to hire anyone to do it. With a lot of coaching from our dads and a lot of hard work by Ryan, we present to you... our bathroom.

The befores:






The durings:




The afters:






See, Isabel loves it. And so do we. Those men did such a good job. I am really grateful for all of the help that we had. We are going to be getting new "stuff" in the bathroom (i.e. curtain, towels, rug, etc.), I am just having a super hard time finding one that I like that coordinates with the yellow. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And now we can honestly say that we love going to the baño.

9 comments:

Susanna said...

I love all the colors you're using! Makes me wish I had the energy to paint all these stupid rented white walls some fun color. But the thought of having to paint them back makes me want to take a nap. So hooray for walls you own!

You're house looks awesome. Can't wait for a visit.

ps. call me if you were serious about Ventura for New Years.

Jenny said...

Wow, great job! It looks so nice! I really love the yellow wall color.

Lyssa said...

I can't believe you guys did this all yourself. It is amazing. It doesn't even seem like it could be the same bathroom. Bravo!

Dan and Anne said...

Great job guys! Tell Ryan that if he decides PR isn't his thing he can always get a job as a professional tiler. Can't wait to see it all in person.

Erin said...

You guys should have your own show on HGTV! I LOVE the yellow color. It really looks perfect and the bathroom is amazing. I can't believe you guys did that. Wow.

Unknown said...

Yes, I'm impressed! I would have enjoyed the destruction part, but the rest had to have been tough. Great pictures. So what's next?

Jen and Emma said...

Nice, nice work guys! I love the color for sure! Lot's of hard work paid off!

brooke said...

Wow...I a am seriously impressed!

Sarah Jayne said...

That looks so amazing!! At first I was thinking the first picture was the "after" and I was really nervous to imagine what it had been like before that. You guys seriously did an amazing job. And I LOVE the yellow. If you're going to have funky paint in a house, why not in the bathroom, right? Well done.