Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Recipe

So I have been working on a video to post for the past hour and when I tried to post it, I can't. Why? I don't have video posting as an option in Blogger. So sorry to all who were looking forward to seeing Isabel say her ABC's and show off some of her other tricks. Stupid Blogger.

In honor of our good friends Shelley and Michael (Liam, Sean and Adam) being in town, I decided to post a REAL Iowa treat. Some call them Scotcheroos, others prefer Chocolate Yummers. The recipe is real simple but they are such a delicious treat. Warning that they are really rich but also a big hit because of the richness.

Scotcheroos

1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Light corn syrup
1 Cup Peanut Butter
6 Cups Rice Krispies
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Butterscotch Chips

In a large saucepan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Heat just until bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Stir until well blended, then gently stir in cereal. Lightly press mixture into buttered 9 x 13 pan. In double boiler or microwave oven combine chocolate and butterscotch chips and melt. Immediately spread over bars in pan. Refrigerate just until chocolate sets and hardens slightly. Cut in squares. Makes 3 to 4 dozen.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

oh how wonderful of you. I will write this one in my book of great treats bc Michael loves loves it. But he says that only Iowans can make it right so Teri, you will always have to be in my life.