I got these in the mail and I was so surprised. My friend Brooke made them. I love them. I am pretty sure she letterpressed them somehow, but I don't know, no explanation was attached. I'm so jealous if she has access to a letterpress. I want one. Thank you, Brooke, I love them.
Now, all of you who are asking why Brooke didn't send them to you, calm down. She likes me more. Just kidding. She did a thing on her blog a while ago that was essentially a giveaway. A CRAFTY giveaway. So, now that it has been about 9 months and I haven't done it. I am finally doing it. It's called Pay It Forward. Instructions are that the first 3 people to leave a comment on this post will receive, at some point during the next year a special treat from me. What it will be and when it will arrive is a total surprise! The catch is that you must participate as well. Before you leave your comment, write up a pay it forward post on your blog to keep the fun going. Sounds like fun, right? Comment now if you would like to participate. And, I can't promise anything this beautiful but I will try to make something you will like.
6 comments:
Woohoo!! That's what I get for staying up late! Those are amazing. I want a letterpress, too...and a serger, and about a thousand other crafty gadgets.
Today I'm glad that I have to be up at 1:30 in the morning for breastfeeding. I'll have to do my pay it forward post next week, but think its a great idea!
Yeah! I'll do a pay it forward on my blog today. I haven't been able to think of anything to blog about for days. I don't know how you are doing it every single day! Now I just have to think of something to make. Hmmmm.
oh shoot i'm number four
I was severely tempted to do this but then mercifully found out I am comment 5. I have a big problem with over-committing myself. Can't wait to see what you make!
Teri-
I know, It's Christmas and I'm checking blogs....my excuse is that Hannah is taking a nap and I haven't had time lately to see what everyone is up to. I'm glad that it was a good surprise for you!- the letterpress machine that I have access to is through a company called QuicKutz- it's the Epic6 die cutting machine with a letterpress attachment. I was a printmaking major in college and have always wanted something like this and finally saw it at Archiver's a month ago. Denver has the flagship Archiver's store so you should check it out.
Post a Comment