Thursday, December 10, 2009

Top 3 Shows of ALL TIME (According to me)

So, fellow blog readers, either I am not talking about things you like or you are all dead. Hello? This whole blogging everyday thing is hard. H.A.R.D. Especially when you are cooped up inside with not a whole lot going on. Sure I could take pictures of Isabel and I reading or washing dishes (by hand, folks) or singing songs or staring at ornaments but I don't know if you would be entertained by any of that or any of the other things we do to occupy our time. So, as I was thinking of a way to reincarnate (is that the word I want? sure. (def. example they were afraid she would reincarnate as a vampire) I'm good with that) my readers I was thinking about the things that make me happy lately. Top of my list? (Besides the REAL things like church, family, etc.) Glee. My friend, Lyssa, wrote a wonderfully witty and charming poem about her house and all of the problems it has been facing lately so I tried to be so clever but, it didn't work. So, no poem, no ode, no song, no cleverness. Tonight you get a list of my top three favorite shows of all time. I could make the list longer but I don't want to. I only have an hour and a half left to write.

In chronological order from most recent:
1. GLEE


 (Credit)
Did you guys see the season finale last night? I cried. Jen B. cried. I am not sure who else cried, but if you did, I understand. This is one of those shows that I wish we (meaning glee-lovers) could get together each week for glee parties and sing and dance and laugh and cry. If you do not watch this show and you think it is annoying and stupid, I am sorry. I know that you are out there. I don't know how we are friends still BUT, I forgive you and one day you will see the error of your ways.

2. Gilmore Girls


Anyone who knows me knows how much I love this show. I compare my life to theirs. I am not a single mom, I don't live in a small town, I don't wear awesome clothes or anything close to awesome, I don't talk fast and sparkling. I DO have brown hair and... huh? that's IT? Well, you get the point. At a recent book club we read To Kill a Mockingbird and while discussing I compared Maycomb, Alabama to Stars Hollow, Connecticut. I sure did. One of the girls recently came up to me and asked me if I like how the show ended. I said no. I got a little bit of satisfaction out of it but I so wish they just would have had one more whole season. Please?

3. My So-Called Life


If this was not a show of your teenage years, I am so sorry. Probably one of the shortest lived shows ever (one season) it was so full just greatness. I mean, Jared Leto was in it. Claire Danes? If none of this is ringing a bell then maybe we are from different planets. Just kidding, we can still be friends. I even have a doll that looks like Brian (or Brain) Krakow. Case in point.

And Isabel has loved carrying him around for the past few days. Weird.
So, anyhow, great show and not appropriate for children.

I hate to end each post with a question to my readers but I do want to know if you agree with some of my list, or all of it, or if you hate it, or if you have your own list, please leave it.
P.S. That took me a half an hour to write, might be a record.

9 comments:

Jen and Emma said...

Oh Teri...you crack me up! I love those shows too! My so called life?? That's old school. I liked that one too though. Thanks for sharing this blog. It made me laugh sitting at work at 3:21am.

Erin said...

hmmm...I was trying to think of old shows that I loved but it's hard to think of any. I do love Glee and Gilmore Girls, of course! My So Called Life huh....not so much :) My favorite non drama show is Lost. I love it.

Shelley said...

So I've given Glee some more chances and it's caught me. I need to watch the season finale tonite, I'm excited. I second Erin with Lost, that is my current love. What the heck? I've turned into a tv person but what else is there to do in Norfolk VA? Maybe after Lost is over I will try G.G.

Jill said...

When I saw the title, I was thinking, "I KNOW she will have My So-Called Life!" Ahh... the memories. And I feel like I remember that Brian Krakow doll; did you have him in Utah? You need to give Freaks and Geeks a chance; it's genius. And you'll hate me, but I would include Buffy the Vampire Slayer on my list (minus the last two seasons). Also, Saved by the Bell has done me too much good to not make my top three. Finally, how come you didn't mention your very favorite, Alf? :-)

Misty said...

Because Glee has come so highly recommended by you and a couple of other people that I think are cool, I watched the last five episodes on line last night (before I even read today’s post). Some of it’s a little cheesy but I think that’s what they were shooting for and its fun. I like that it is a musical. it’s a nice break from CSI.

Erin said...

So many things to comment on...

1. I don't know who this other Erin is who is commenting on your blog. I am sure she is very nice but I am a little jealous that you have more than one Erin in your life.

2. How good was the Glee fall finale? SO good. I cried too. Wish I could have been there with you.

3. I love your whole list. Just in case we needed more reasons to be friends, a common taste in television is number 93.

4. I would add as runners up to your list...Veronica Mars and Everwood (seriously, you should Netflix these.)

5. Never stop blogging. I am loving my daily dose of Teri.

Lyssa said...

I must admit that I like Glee way more than I should. It's embarrassing, really. I'm a closet Glee lover. And I just discovered GG and am loving the cleverness of it all. Another favorite is Arrested Development. Quite witty and well written. Also, Friday Night Lights has some of the best acting and story lines ever. You can netflix that one from the beginning. It's golden.

Sarah Jayne said...

Hey, did you know that Jared Leto is in a band now? It's called 30 Seconds to Mars. They're actually pretty good, or at least what I've heard of them. They've been on Conan several times.

Just FYI.

Jennie said...

I haven't watched Glee. I am really glad you introduced us to Gilmore Girls because we loved it. And I remember my mother not allowing me to watch My So Called Life and yet still sneaking in a few episodes like I did with 90210.