Saturday, December 19, 2009

Books

We are at my friend from elementary, junior and high school's wedding tonight. I am sure we are having a rockin' good time but I just couldn't bear not posting so I am writing this last night. And I will be posting some photos of the big event, especially since we are all getting dressed up. Maybe we'll get a family picture. So, I decided to post three of my favorite books to read to Isabel, in no particular order.

First, The Hiccupotamus by Aaron Zenz

My favorite quote from the book says that "Every time he gottumus he'd fall upon his bottomus."

Second, Henny Penny by Vivian French

We actually got these last two books as wedding presents from my original babysitter because they were my favorites as a kid. I love that I can share these with Isabel now.

And third, The Little Red Hen by Jerry Pinkney

I like this one because it is fun to try to read each animal in a different voice. Maybe not so much fun as hilarious. To me. And Isabel.


I am always looking for new suggestions but these are mine. Today.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hippopotamuses with hiccups must be a popular theme. We actually have a different book about a hippo with the hiccups!

Lyssa said...

These look like good ones. I can't believe we don't have any of them in our collection. We do have a little red hen, but a different version. I miss reading picture books every night. Right now the boys are reading the Hobbit and Thomas is afraid to go upstairs by himself because Gollum freaks him out.