Saturday, November 6, 2010

Super Star (7/30)

Isabel is with Teri's parents tonight, so we had to take advantage of doing all the things that 2-year olds make excruciating. That includes going out to eat anywhere other than Noodles. We felt like Chinese food, and batted around P.F. Chang's for a bit, but decided to stay closer to home and visit Super Star Asian Cuisine.

I didn't really know what dim sum was, but cool people I know like it, so I decided to order a few plates. It was steamy and delicious. Teri ordered sesame chicken because she's scared of real Chinese food. And it was mind-blowing. All light and super-crispy on the outside, accompanied by the brightest green broccoli you've ever seen. We plowed through it.
When we got home, our next-door neighbor Mr. Thai (who is Chinese, not Thai,) was outside stalking us as usual. We boasted we'd been to an excellent Chinese restaurant. All he had to say was "Empress is better. And sesame chicken is American Chinese, not Chinese." Yeah, well, you're favorite steak is from Outback, traitor.

1 comment: