Friday, March 28, 2008

When will I learn?

So today I decided to change Isabel's diaper without a pad underneath her, something you do often as a brand new parent and then learn very quickly that it is not a good idea. Well, today she had a major blow out and I thought for sure that nothing else would come out in the 5 seconds it takes to change a diaper. Soon after I convince myself that it is more of a pain to pull out the pad again than to put one under her I hear a very pretty sound. It sounded like pretty fountain or a distant stream. Pee. On the carpet. That stinks. But at least it wasn't the stinky stuff. I wouldn't put a picture of that stuff up on here anyway, or would I?
Here is a picture of us on Easter, not the best of Isabel but she still looks darn cute.
And last but not least, Isabel is starting to smile at us on purpose. She reacts when we talk to her in real high voices and loves when we talk to her. It just melts my heart (I should have an accent when I say that). She is growing like crazy and now weighs in at about what her dad weighed when he was born (10 lbs!). I am sure that there will be more and better smile pictures to come here in the near future.

5 comments:

Jen said...

YEA!!! More pictures of Isabel. She is a doll. I miss her. I need to come and visit.

Alicia said...

so i remember one time when carter was a baby and i did that same thing...the changing without a pad. i wasn't so lucky because it was the poop, and it was like a squirt gun. Yep, poo everywhere. Now, I stick the clean diaper under her while I change...less poo/pee on the carpet this way. For me, these were all things that I didn't think about before I had a kid. Oh wait, I think that most people don't think about pee puddled on the carpet. Hahaha. Your little girl is cute, she's changed a lot already.

Dan and Anne said...

Way to go Isabel! You and Beckett can have a pee on furniture/carpet club in a few weeks. Luckily she hasn't yet mastered peeing on her face... and I hope she doesn't!

Dixie said...

Tee hee. Isabel is a cutie!

Kristalyn said...

Haha the same thing happened to me with Carter tonight...why does it seem they know when you are the least prepared? Except with Carter, the pee was going straight up into my face. :) Isabel has the cutest little smile...once they start reacting to you, it just gets funner and funner. :)