Yesterday we blessed our baby and gave her a name. Although I was tempted to drop in a JoBecca or a Pilar or Ryanne, just to mix things up, I stuck with our original choice. Members of the Grange and Loeffler families traveled from locations as varied as Washington, Iowa, Utah and Bentonville (home of the Empire,) Arkansas to witness the occasion. After church we went to my parents' crib for a fantastic lunch, and took a few snapshots in the front yard.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Revised baby name: Ryanne Christinapher
It was an eventful weekend for our baby girl. On Saturday, Marian hosted a shower for Isabel. Our little one enjoyed hours of flopping from one person's arms to another while in a semi-comatose state. We received some great new clothes and toys for her, and I've already plowed through several of the books with her. She's a quick learner, though, so we've moved on from Amelia Bedelia and Clifford the Big Red Dog to the third in the biographical series about Theodore Roosevelt by Edmund Morris. Isa agrees with me that it's an edge-of-your-seat thriller.
Yesterday we blessed our baby and gave her a name. Although I was tempted to drop in a JoBecca or a Pilar or Ryanne, just to mix things up, I stuck with our original choice. Members of the Grange and Loeffler families traveled from locations as varied as Washington, Iowa, Utah and Bentonville (home of the Empire,) Arkansas to witness the occasion. After church we went to my parents' crib for a fantastic lunch, and took a few snapshots in the front yard.
My two brothers and Teri's sister were in town for the festivities, along with Isabel's cousins Logan, Andrew and Beckett. For some reason all new moms are compelled to pose their offspring in uncomfortable and potentially embarrassing positions. See one below with Isabel and Beckett. It was good getting-to-know-you time for the cousins, as they discussed things like the likelihood of a brokered Democratic convention and how to get a good latch. Since they are only 12 days apart, I think it would be appropriate to create a one-name entity to describe the two of them, a la Billary. I'm feeling Isabeckett. Beckabel is good time too.
Spencer, Dal and I finished off the weekend with some feats of strength. As is par for the course, I demolished them in every event. Note the look of utter terror on their faces as I dominate them from above.
Yesterday we blessed our baby and gave her a name. Although I was tempted to drop in a JoBecca or a Pilar or Ryanne, just to mix things up, I stuck with our original choice. Members of the Grange and Loeffler families traveled from locations as varied as Washington, Iowa, Utah and Bentonville (home of the Empire,) Arkansas to witness the occasion. After church we went to my parents' crib for a fantastic lunch, and took a few snapshots in the front yard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Super cute family picture. I would have loved it if you decided a new name on the spot. I really liked how you forgot to have everyone sustain that guy at church yesterday... that was awesome!
Ahh yes...Feats of Strength: masculinity exercised, the definitive method of producing an alpha male. I fondly remember the day I hoisted a plaid couch over my head in Yorktown Six and when Ryan summited our rickety, old entertainment center. Never before, or since, has BYU-approved housing seen a gathering of such virility.
What a gorgeous family!!! I miss you guys and can't wait to meet little Isa!
Love - Kristin
So cute! How weird to think that Granger Rick and Lil Dal have babies! Congrats! Hope all is well!
I am a little hurt that my name, or Marian did not even enter you mind during the blessing. I was hoping for divine intervention.
As for the brothers, I could not have posed you better, it is truly Christmas Card quality. I don't know about all the manly man talk. You look like 3 boys to me.
Chris always wins!
yes, the feats of strengths. Love it. Glad you won it all and kept the title!
Post a Comment