Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A note from mom


I have not yet taken the time out of breast feeding, etc., to make a post and I apologize. If it makes you all feel better, Isabel is working on a huge poo to pay me back for making her lay on her daddy's hairy chest so that I can write something and put a few pictures up. We are doing very well, she is an amazing little adorable girl. She lets us know what she wants and when she wants it and is growing everyday. We went to the doctor yesterday and she got a good report, tall and skinny, normal sized head, gross belly button, she passed. I don't know if I understood how fast you fall in love with these little creatures. No depression as of yet but some super crazy dreams. For the past two nights I have woken Ryan up with my bawling. In the first one I was "giving birth" to small baby-like things out of my thumb and last night I was a bad mom, wife, friend, etc. and everyone was telling me so. Today we went on little walk at the botanic gardens (thanks Uncle Bruce!), it was so beautiful here today. It was her first official outing. Please note: I am letting Ryan grow out that beard because he is now a dad and deserves to feel like a man for a few days after how wonderful he has been to me throughout the pregnancy and childbirth and this afterwards stuff. I wanted to thank all of you for your comments on the video, sorry about my appearance, I am starting to look a bit more normal these days. We are so excited to have someone else to blog about since our lives were getting a bit boring. Enjoy her newest photos!

10 comments:

Kimberly Giardino said...

You guys all look great!! I am so happy for the 2 of you!! She is precious!

Bridgett Johnson said...

Teri,
It's so good to hear from you. Congrats, she is beautiful. I will definitly stay in touch because when were finished with Dental School we're thinking of moving to Denver. Congrats again, Bridgett

Kari said...

So cute, even more so now that the puffyness from birth is gone. What a doll.

Kathy said...

Teri you and Isabel both look beautiful. Isn't it great not to be pregnant? Hope you are recovering well. You are just so good to Ryan to let him grow the beard

Jill said...

Teri Jo, you guys are so cute! She's totally smiling in that first picture, even if people say babies don't for a few weeks. (Right?) Anyway, take care of yourself, and the beard is coming along nicely. I personally am a big fan of them, as my husband looks insane without some sort of facial hair. Oh, and thanks for apologizing about your appearance. I think I speak for the entire blogging community when I say we were all hoping for one because you looked completely offensive after giving birth.

Dan and Anne said...

she looks so different from her other pictures. I can't believe how much she changed in less than a week! Happy week old day! (not quite sure how to say that... you know what I mean!)

Susanna said...

Oh my goodness. How could you not fall in love with a face like that? (not Ryan's, Isabel's... but Ryan you're cute too.)

Kristalyn said...

She is beautiful! You look great, Teri! I remember one of the biggest adjustments was how long it took to feed them...it always seemed like by the time I finished a feeding, it was time to start the next one! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Awww!

greggtech said...

This comes from your favorite aunt (Wanda) and uncle (Gregg).
We really enjoy your blogs what a great way to keep the fam updated. Such a beautiful baby. You guys should visit CR to show off the baby this year, say around July 20th so Ryan could enjoy a day of RAGBRAI... Bet you don't know who said this. :} :}
--------------
We both think that our kids were cuter though (Tee-Hee) She is beautiful!!!! We also like the new cartoon of Isabel also.
Gregg & I are sitting at Coffeesmithsw doing this - so we have quite the caffeine BUZZ going.
Wish you were here.
We all enjoy seeing you and all the pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us.
That's all for now.
We love you and give Isabel a hug from us.
Wanda and Gress