Tuesday, February 26, 2008

No Poopin' in the Tub

Now that that crusty little umbilical cord remnant has fallen off, we were allowed to give Isabel her first bath. (P.S. It's an inny, thanks to my precision handiwork cutting the cord!) I thought the soothing water, which we heated to precisely the same temperature as the amniotic fluid that once surrounded her, would be comforting. Not so. I think she wanted to be completely submerged in the water, but because we only filled the tub about 1/2 inch, it just made her cold. Here are before-and-after photos. And a cute pic of her swaddled in a Muslim-style hijab.




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, who ever heard of someone pooping in the tub????????????? GAG, GAG!!!!!!!! Good thing your dad has a strong stomach, Teri!!!!

Jeff said...

My brother once pooped on me in the tub. The experience is as painfully clear to me now as it was when I was four.

Jen said...

she is seriously too cute...let her poop in the tub.

Dixie said...

I like the idea that sweet Isabel has a bath, is happy, smells good, smiles and no poop talk.

Misty said...

I love her pretty little face.

Erin said...

I love babies all wrapped up in towels all cozy after a bath! It makes me want to hold her even more!

Kent & Beka said...

Pooping in the tub at our house is somewhat of a novelty... why is that enticing to boys? It is almost a race sometimes to see who succeeds first and how quickly mom notices and gets them out...boys.

Dan and Anne said...

I like the Muslim style wrap... very flattering! We are so excited to see you guys this weekend. Maybe we can have a new parents hang out or something? We'll see:)

Sarah Stamps said...

She is just beautiful!! You all look well. Don't worry about the sleep deprivation. As we say in our house " I'll sleep when I'm dead"
love, the Stamps

Anonymous said...

oh, she's just so stinkin' cute.