Sidenote: If you have never had Bourbon Chicken before please note that my recipe contains no bourbon AND it is named after Bourbon STREET, not necessarily the liquor. Ha.
Bourbon Chicken
Ingredients
2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple juice (I sometimes use orange juice)
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce
Directions
1. Heat oil in a large skillet.
2. Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
3. Remove chicken.
4. Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well mixed and dissolved.
5. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
6. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
7. Serve over hot rice and enjoy. We like to eat this will broccoli and pineapple also.
I tried to find a good picture of this dish online but didn't come up with anything that does it justice. Maybe I will have to take on the next time I make it. I got this recipe a few years ago off of recipezaar with is by far my favorite recipe site in the world. Hope you all enjoy. I will. Soon. Eat it.
3 comments:
I love this recipe. It made it into our regular line up and we have it once or twice a month. It's great for kids and adults and that is a hard line to walk. I really do think of it as Asian Chicken since that is the title in the ward cookbook. Funny thing to edit.
I'm trying this recipe tonight with my mother-in-law visiting. It sounds great, I even got broccoli and pineapple to go along with it. Kyla (Lyssa's sister)
Ok, I'm making this tonight sista. Wish me luck...or wish the Elder's luck cuz they'll be eating it!
Post a Comment