Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pumpkin Fever

Fall has been glorious so far in Denver. We hit the pumpkin patch at the Littleton Historic Museum the day before Halloween so Isabel could play among all the rotting picked-over squash. Thankfully, the produce wasn't the only attraction, as elderly museum volunteers dressed in period attire showed off some 19th-century chores, like feeding slop to the pigs and slaughtering a goat.
I wanted Isabel to be a monkey for Halloween, but all we could find was a duck costume. I think she was satisfied. Although she was pretty steamed when we left her on my parents' doorstep, rang the doorbell and ran.
On Saturday we went to the BYU-CSU game in Ft. Collins with my parents. These games are an emotionally taxing experience for me. My blood runs red, white, blue and gold of the Colorado flag, but I had to root for my alma mater since I was sitting in that section, and because most Coloradans are pretty indifferent towards college football. Check out Isabel in her custom-made Cougar onesie.
The game was surprisingly close, but the Cougars pulled it out in the final minutes. Teri said the night was a bust since we never found a Dippin' Dots kiosk.
Here's Isabel with Tony the Tiger

3 comments:

Dixie said...

I think Cosmo was pointing at me!? Isabel was the cutest BYU fan at the game!

gk risser said...

Go Grange!

Dan and Anne said...

What a cute little duck! We're excited to see you guys in less than two weeks!