I submitted a cartoon in a contest hosted by the Rocky Mountain News about a month ago. While it won't be printed in the actual paper, they were nice enough to post it on their website. I also got a call from sports cartoonist Drew Litton last night. We talked for a few minutes about drawring, what kinds of pens he uses, and how cartoonists get tons of chicks.
Click
here to see the drawing. Mine's the second one down.
7 comments:
Ryan, you may have a little free time, but lots of talent to fill it with!! Congratulations!
Remember when you drew me in my yellow rain jacket? I wonder where that drawing is.
What a great cartoon R Grange! Kudos!
My sweet wife asked me to expound on the meaning of the symbols used. She had derived that the crime committed in the closet involved 2 men; a Broncos fan, and the Rockies fan whom he had bludgeoned to death with a radio, sweat dripping profusely from his forehead after a rage of passion! I think her version holds much more drama. Surprise, surprise.
Who says drama is a good thing? Plus, for a closet Rockies fan, I think your cartoon was pretty high on drama. Way to go Grange! We like having famous friends.
That is awesome Ryan! We're so proud of you. Now we can go tell all of our friends that our brother is famous!
Good job, man! Coming in second to a guy who's a professional caricature artist. That's impressive. It's kind of lame for that dude to even enter the contest though. It's kinda like if Emeril were to compete in the local amateur chili cook-off. Although, he might not be a chili expert, you gotta admit he'd have the upper hand.
By the way, you're cartoon was funnier and cleverer by a mile.
Hey Ryan,
The cartoon is awesome! The kids will be so impressed! I'm glad we saved the Ninja turtle drawings from Stake Conference. They hold a place of honor on our fridge. Congrats.
Lyssa
Post a Comment