Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Peen-yata

Teri received a delightful birthday gift from one of her Mexican co-workers last week: A giant purple pinata with silver cones protruding from every side and pink streamers. It also had a Dora the Explorer party plate stapled to one side. This beautiful orb graced one upper corner of our apartment for a couple of days, and then Teri decided it was time to go. So she took it to a young women's activity, and the girls smashed it to bits. It was a Tootsie Roll bonanza.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Happy birthday Teri! It looks like you had a fun day. We all miss you and hope baby girl grange is doing good!

Jonathan said...

Ryan,

I miss you.

Jon

PS - That was very gracious of you to let the little ones break the piñata. If I were to receive such a gift, I'd run to the nearest corner, crouch over the piñata and tear into it with my incisors. Sure, onlookers might gasp in horror. But, guess who's feasting on delicious Tootsie Rolls? If you guessed, "horrified onlookers," you need to re-read the part about how I would crouch in the corner in animalian defense, and really internalize this time.