Despite being 7+ months pregnant, Teri still managed to till (with her dad's muscle), plant and grow an incredibly productive garden, especially considering what it looked like before. We're now enjoying zucchini, lettuce, green beans, peppers, peas, rosemary and basil, and (fingers crossed) we'll get some carrots, corn and onions later this summer. I've never eaten so much green stuff in my life.
I've worked off and on in the front yard all summer, most of which has happened beneath the surface on the sprinklers. Wade spent half his spring vacation messing around with the system, and while the yard isn't where I want it yet, it's a significant improvement from last summer.
The most spectacular outdoor enhancement has to be the deck. My dad and I worked on this baby for eight weeks whenever we had a couple hours. The back yard is still kind of a pit, but the deck, with redwood carefully hand-picked by John Grange, makes it a pretty pleasant place to relax under our big Linden tree.
3 comments:
Wow! Impressive and lovely! You are enjoying all kinds of miracles of life this summer. I'm super impressed with the front house view. You're right, Vila got nothin on you.
Who doesn't love before and after pictures? Nice work! (Cute baby too!)
Wow, awesome job Granges! Everything looks great.
Post a Comment