Sunday, March 28, 2010

Latest Project

So when we moved into our house the previous tenants left a few pieces of furniture that I decided we should keep and play with. Exhibit A:
This is some kind of table. I am not sure what it is classified as but we will just call it a table. So, one Saturday a couple of weekends ago I decided to tackle it. In my mind it looked so cute so I had to convince Ryan that the color I bought was going to look so cute, errr handsome, errr lovely. And, it does. Exhibit B:
This is now our entryway table type of thing. And I didn't buy the flowers just for the picture it just worked out that Ryan surprised me with flowers that looked so good on my new table. I love it. Not sure what to do on the bottom part yet. In the original picture you can see that there was some horrible weaving stuff all beaten and broken so I just ripped it out. Any suggestions?

16 comments:

Jennie said...

SO cute. errr lovely.

Dillon & Bree said...

Oh how I love this!! I am looking for pieces like that to redo...it looks GREAT!!

Erin said...

This is perfect! I love it!!! Can't wait to see it in person. You know, soon. :)

Jen and Emma said...

Oh! I love it Teri! I need a cut table like that for my house. You are so talented!

Sarah said...

Yes, Teri...I have a suggestion for you. Send that table to me! That is awesome! I have had an empty/unfinished entryway for several years, and I'm going to start stalking streets on garbage day, hoping to find my diamond in the rough just like yours. Great work.

Season and Isabella said...

Super cute! Nice job! Those are my favorite kind of flowers - perfect touch!

Jennie said...

After posting my comment I went back and re read the post. I didn't realized I practically used the same phrases. It wasn't meant to mock. I really do think it is cute and lovely. I too like Erin can't wait to see it in person, although not as soon as her.

And yes, it is really that hot here! And I will be ready for fall this year.

Shelley said...

I love that you picked yellow. I need something like that here to resemble sunshine for the days when there is none. Good job.

Anonymous said...

love, love, love it!! Nice work!

Sarah Stamps said...

I love it! That color is awesome! Bottom part...You could put tin bins or baskets under there to hold things like toys or shoes. Darling!

Erin said...

I love it as well. So cute! Do you use spray paint or regular paint?

Laynalou3 said...

It looks great!!

Lashley said...

Hi! This is your old Fillmore next door neighbor and friend of the Florences/Rissers. I check in here occasionally, but can't remember if I've ever commented.

You could get a custom sized piece of glass (or something more kid-friendly) to at least get a flat surface. Then you could put canvas bins or whatever else on it. Or maybe stretch vinyl or oil cloth across the open part and staple underneath? It's definitely cute though!

Matt & Candice said...

Great Job Terri, this is awesome!!

Kathy said...

Teri I am very impressed. That is really a fun table. I was thinking you could put glass on the bottom also but maybe that would just be all covered with kids fingerprints. Good luck figuring it out. So excited you are having another girl. how lucky for you. Wish we could get one of those but maybe someday.

Jenny said...

It looks so good, Teri! I love a good furniture refinishing project! And the yellow looks so great!