Thursday, February 18, 2010

No Longer "Almost 2"

For months when people ask her her age she says, "Almost 2" meanwhile trying to hold up two fingers with much concentration. Now we can't get her to say "I'm 2" but we are working on it. We had a very small get together here at our house to celebrate with her and us.

We played games.
 Watched Isabel almost burn off her nose.
 Ate too much cake.
 Played with presents.
 And then took pictures with many of Isabel's favorite friends (not all of them).
 
Then everyone left and we put that little sugared-up two year old to bed. I am pretty sure I counted three cupcakes with the frosting licked off of them and I'm pretty sure the big kids nor the adults did that (except maybe my mom).

8 comments:

Erin said...

she looks so old! I love the pigtails.

Jen christensen said...

I came to say the very same thing. Cute pigtails!

Jennie said...

How funny, good thing I read the first two comments, those were the two things I noticed. She looks older even if it is only a few weeks since I saw her.

Season and Isabella said...

That looks like so much fun! So sad I missed it, but love the pic of my family with her! I just saw on our camera today that Tim took some pictures too. She looked so cute, and that sweet little smile- How bad can the terrible twos REALLY be....he he he

Erin said...

She is adorable. I can't believe she is 2 already.

Shelley said...

Me too with the pigtail comment. Teri, I'm happy for you that you finally get to decorate her hair. Happy bday cute little girl, we miss you. I'm confused about the first pic with the wrapped up peeps in the background. Whatever though, looks cool.

Anonymous said...

I am innocent till proven guilty! Some things are just innate. It must have skipped a generation with you Teri. Lucky Isabel. Now you will have to eat more cake so that Isabel and I can have enough frosting! She's just sooo sweet. Love, Nana.

Dan and Anne said...

Happy birthday Isabel! Glad to see you had a good birthday. We hope you got our card/gift, Beckett is blowing kisses your way. (for your cheek of course, not your lips)