Since my uncles left Ryan and I and our wonderful parents and aunt Brenda have been working on the wood floors,
Monday, September 21, 2009
Home
We have been absent from blogworld lately because we have been working on our new home. Yep, that's right, we are now homeowners.
Phew. It's been a long and annoying road but we made it and things are happening really fast. Three of my wonderful uncles from Iowa came out here labor day week and did a whole lot of work to get us started. We painted almost the whole interior upstairs of the house, cleaned up the yard (yes a chainsaw was involved and yes the testosterone was flowing),
demolished the bathroom (thanks to a wonderful aunt and a mother-in-law), 

threw away a lot of crap (i.e. candles, furbies, shoes, bicycle planters, electric knives, etc.) and did quite a few miscellaneous tasks. I don't know how we would have got anything accomplished without them. I have the best uncles and family in the world.
Since my uncles left Ryan and I and our wonderful parents and aunt Brenda have been working on the wood floors,
getting contract work done, chasing Isabel,
more painting, attempting to get the bathroom ready for remodel and did I mention painting? The home already looks so different. I am excited to post some before and after shots but I don't want to do that until more things are done. For now here are just a few shots to give you an idea of what it looked like.

Since my uncles left Ryan and I and our wonderful parents and aunt Brenda have been working on the wood floors,
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Wow, congrats on the new abode! When I buy a house I'll hire Ryan to do my work for me.
Can't wait to see the after shots! We just moved into our new house but don't close until Oct. We miss you guys, lets skype sometime.
A milestone! I'm jealous. I really want a wall to paint...just one. Good work on the repairs...I love that old oven/stove. No joke. So vintage looking :).
So glad to see some photos. Can't wait to see it in person.
I'm excited to see how your hard work has paid off!
I can't even tell you how excited I am to see the after pictures. Also, I would LOVE to see it in person when I come in November. Yay for homeownership!
I can't wait to see it, we hope to get to your house sometime when we come in October, even if it is just to walk through the house real fast, we'll come over for sure. You guys are doing great, seriously.
teri, I'm so happy for you to move into your own house. Good job and keep up the good work, it will all pay off one day when you and Ryan put Isabell to sleep and you sit down on the couch and look around and say, we did it.
Looks good. It is pretty clearly the same vintage as my parents' house, the one I grew up in. Their house is about 2 miles west, made in 1956: great wood floors, thick brick (my parents was made of cinder block with brick facing, about 9 inch thick walls), and metal kitchen cabinets. Made to survive Armageddon. We did our best, but it still stands.
Our 1885 model is made of bricks three deep. Also still standing.
It looks great. Congratulations.
—Jim Donaldson
We are so excited to come and see this place in person! I hope the renovations are coming along well.
Post a Comment