So maybe our summer hasn't lived up to the Fresh Prince's standards, but we've had a few good times these past couple of weeks. On the 4th of July we went on a nature hike up Waterton Canyon. Isabel apparently was concerned for her safety.
There was a fireworks show "espectacular" on Hoyt Street, reminiscent of my youth, only without a full string of black cats blowing up in my hand or my jerk friends throwing snap-pops at my neck.
Teri took Isabel to the zoo with Grammy Grange, Aunt Anne and Cousin Beckett. Isabel felt sad when she saw that the gorilla lives in the same place that he poos, and that he's rolling in it.
Finally, I threw Isabel high into the air to her delight.
On second thought, Will Smith can take his Hoes and Hoops summer.
6 comments:
I liked this post.
I love that song although I get frustrated when I try and work out the timeline for the day he describes--there is simply no way that day could happen. It is just not possible.
Oh, and I love that last picture of Isabel.
Still on my summertime to-do list:
1. Spend all day waxing my Nissan--which happens to be sitting on Lorenzos.
2. Proceed to a basketball court late in the day but only once I've been to the mall to get myself a short set.
3. Break to my crib at least once more to change my clothes.
4. Be invited to a barbecue that's starting at four, go the barbecue, have nostalgia sparked up from the smell of the grill and then afterward ponder how such a fragrance could spark up nostalgia.
It's a long list, but with careful planning I could probably do it all on a Saturday or something.
Love the post, we miss you people, good job on the house hunt. I love love living in a house.
I never threw a snap pop at your neck. At least I don't remember it. I do remember, however, when we made you sit in a porta-potty while a smoke bomb went off inside. Good times.
You did forget to mention that Isabel has been working on her water skills, and has now mastered the art of dunking herself without choking to death after wards. She is getting good! It was great seeing you guys. I told dan that the house is nice and I wish we could find one that nice out here! Hope everything is going well with it
Post a Comment