Tuesday, February 17, 2009

First of All, It's a Par-Tay...

Isabel got her birthday party one week late on Sunday. We squeezed as many people as possible into our little apartment (14) and had a fine time. Teri made fajitas and, despite my insistence on churros for dessert, we had regular old birthday cake. We got Isa all stripped down for cake time. She's a skinny little girl, with a big distended belly, which is how I imagine I'll look like when I turn 40.
Her grandmas/grandpas and aunts/uncles got her all kinds of cool stuff. She loved her Tinkerbell chair from Teri.

So did cousin Beckett.

Don't worry, Beckett got his hits in too. In fact, he started strangling and double-hand slapping her right after this photo was taken. I can't wait to see what happens when they can actually handle weapons.

5 comments:

Dan and Anne said...

First off Beckett is more of a Shank man. He's working on filing one of his baby spoons into one right now. Isabel's party was off da' hizzle. Miss you guys

Erin said...

We wish we could have been there for Isabel's party. It looks like it was tons of fun and she is the prettiest birthday girl around!

Jill said...

Happy birthday to her! It is nice to see another child whose hair grows at about the same rate as my neices and nephews. Someday Isabel will get glorious, thick hair like Teri's and I will want to steal her head... Also, well done fitting so many people into your apartment. I think 7 is the most we've ever tried, and it wasn't pretty.

Dixie said...

Best Princess Party ever! Let's do it again real soon. The Queen and King are available!

Shelley said...

Teri, I'm working on becoming a better blog friend. When I move my friends will only be reachable via internet. Isabel looks so cute. I can't believe she's already one. Good job momma Teri.