Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where'd who go?

August went by super fast and September is almost getting away from me, so I thought that I would make a post. We have been busy so I will catch you up on our happening. As many of you know, the DNC was here in Denver. Downtown was crazy. We decided that Isabel needed to get out and see what the fuss was all about so my mom and I braved the bus and the crowds with Isabel in tow.
We met up with Ryan and showed our civic pride. Isabel loved it.
Next in the big news, Isabel has started eating solid foods. So far she really likes barley. Who likes barley? If that is the stuff that malted milk balls are made of, then that is my girl. From the first time that we fed her, she has loved eating. She doesn't reach for the spoon too much but is always ready and waiting like a little bird.
See. And I am proud to say that she has already fallen asleep eating. It was a precious moment and we caught it on camera.
Last week, Ryan and I were the parents of three children while our friends were on vacation. We had a really good time and the kids were great. The boys were so good with Isabel.
They would sing and dance and make funny faces at her whenever she would cry. She loved the attention. She also decided to grow up a lot last week. She is now...
clapping,
standing and pulling to a stand, crawling (which you will have to wait to see a video of), and she has TWO teeth (and I got a picture).
We also recently had to say good-bye to Dan, Anne and Beckett. Isabel will miss beating up on him. They were friends. We hope that Utah treats them right and if ever Beckett wants to get his lip split or ear pulled off, he should come right over.
Yeah, you heard me, Beckett.And finally, I told my mom that I wouldn't post this picture but I had to. She was embarrassed but I thought it would make a few people laugh. I think that we make good Manga characters.
I know that there were many other things that happened but that is all for now. We will do better at keeping you all abreast of our lives. Later.

12 comments:

Jennie said...

Yeah for a post. And what a cute mom you have! And that picture of Beckett is hilarious, and with the commentary...

Jenny said...

Wow, Isabel is growing up so fast! What a smart little girl to be clapping and crawling already! She is just so adorable too. We miss you guys!

Erin said...

Isabel is SO grown up. I can hardly believe it. Is it weird that I love your kid so much? :)

The Bryger Family said...

Wow lots going on with you guys. Isabel is getting so big! I can't believe it. When people say they grow so fast they really mean it, Cooper is already out of his newborn clothes, it kinda makes me sad, but gets me excited for him to start eating real food, clapping and standing up on his own.

Kasey

Erin said...

whoa! Isabel must be very advanced. I can't believe she can move! She'll love being able to chase around ryan and andrew next time they see each other...when will taht be by the way???

Spencer said...

I think she looks like a little Ryan in the picture in the red overalls. I don't think she looks boyish, you were just a beautiful little boy, I remember.
And the tongue in the eating picture, thanks for capturing that moment for us.

Jill said...

Thank you for the update... I have been checking a lot but didn't want to send you a crabby "why no update?" comment. Nice that your mommy got to come visit! And way to get politically involved; I like to just get overwhelmed by my own ignorance. And, incidentally, I LOOOOOOOVE barley. For real.

Dixie said...

I love the pic of Beckett and Isabel, though it does not show Isabel grabbing, punching and pulling at him.....but the one of Beckett alone, is it just me or does he looks just a little bit concerned....or is that fear??

Jim and Shalene said...

Dude your daughter is a cutey! With them big ol' eyes!

Jill said...

So... what is my damage, Heather? It was not until just this second (a mere five days after the comment I posted) that I realized your mother does, in fact, live in the Denver area. So disregard that whole "Your mom got to visit!!!!!!!!" nonsense. I swear, for whatever reason, I completely thought she lived in Iowa. Nevermind that I lived in the woman's house with her for half a year... I'm high or something.

Matt & Candice said...

Isabel is such a cute baby. Total barbizon material.

severts6 said...

With the joys of a solid-food-eating baby, comes the pleasures of changing a real poop-smelling diaper. Congrats you two!