Our accommodations on the road:
Here's our camp site. I love how the setting sun brings out the color of the adobe communal outhouse behind Isabel and me.
We made a visit to the Great Sand Dunes on day 1, not long before it began to rain non-stop. The wind blasted us relentlessly, but that didn't deter me and my brothers from scaling the tallest dunes in North America, then slaloming down. Isabel did not like the sand dunes (too much sand in her thigh-rolls.) Teri always tells me how much she wants to go to the beach. I think this trip should tide her over for a few years...look at all that sand!
The other highlight of our trip was a visit to the Gator Farm in the San Luis Valley. They have over 400 alligators there, as well as a wallaby, some emus, and a couple of ducks. It felt like a South American zoo, where only chain link fence separates you and the flesh-hungry beasts.
My brothers and I posed with our bountiful offspring.
Thanks to Mom and Dad for sponsoring this trip that ended far too soon.
6 comments:
I have been to that Alligator farm and remember it not so fondly... especially the snake cages as you walk in and then my nephew sticking his fingers in the chain link at the biggest alligator there... I think it was all to help me endure the antics of my own children...
Wait. So was it New Mexico or the country of Mexico? The link on "Olde Mexico" brought me to a map of New Mexico and then with the turquoise and dream catchers I thought for sure I had it figured out. Then you mentioned Bimbo bread and I was back at square one. Was it a commentary on the large immigrant population of New Mexico? Typical. You neocons are ruining this country with your xenophobic hate-mongering.
I remember when I went to the sand dunes. I also remember finding grains of sand in all quadrants of my body for weeks.
I should clarify: My brother Spencer and his family are expats in a place called New Mexico. Apparently they are still allowed to travel in and out of the USA as they please.
Hi Teri or Ryan...It looks like both of you contribute. My husband couldn't find the blog if he tried. Hope you don't mind, I'm going to put you guys on my friends link. Check our our blog
http://christensencouple.blogspot.com
We're going to the Taste of Colorado sometime today. We'd love for you guys to come with. Let me know. And invite whoever else, it would be fun to get a group.
Post a Comment