Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Is it just me?

This is what my child is wearing today...
Please, someone tell me that she looks like a girl! I was asked how old "he" is and what "his" name is twice within a few short minutes. I mean, I understand when I dress my child like this:
But really, do I have to dress my child like this everyday?
Or this?
Cause I don't think that she would like that very much.

Really, I am not bitter, I just think it is interesting how so many women (who have had children before) don't understand the gender thing. You just wait all of you moms with boys. My theory is that people don't just say the opposite sex that your child is but they assume that all children are male because of the short hair. Luckily, I don't think that Isabel has developed a complex about it quite yet, just me.

8 comments:

Erin said...

She totally looks like a girl. Honestly, people are crazy.

Matt & Candice said...

I think she is one of the prettiest babies ever!! But - so cute in all those accessories, you may want to keep that up?

Jen said...

HA HA!!! Even in the picture where you would think she looked like a boy, she looks like a pretty little girl. People are nuts.

Alicia said...

She totally looks like a girl! Cracks me up though because that used to happen ALL the time with Carter. Sheesh. He'd be in camo shorts and a blue shirt and still, he'd be called a girl. So funny!!

Sarah Jayne said...

I'm with you there! Jonah was called a girl every day for 2 weeks. I don't know why they can't see that he's wearing red, blue, and all the boyish colors...and he isn't wearing any bows!!!! It must be his blonde curls...I refuse to cut them off. He's too pretty for his own good!

P.S. She totally looks like a girl.

Kent & Beka said...

I swear... people just need to look a little more at the clothes. Each of my boys have been called girls on numerous occasions, including by the doctor, who SHOULD know if he is examining a boy or girl!

Anonymous said...

too cute. yeah, we got that A LOT with Molly. Even with pink on or ruffles. doesn't matter, some people are oblivious and STUPID! Oh well. She is a cutie though.

Dixie said...

Strangers always commented on my "perfect" family,a boy,(Ryan) and a girl,(Spencer). It was because Spencer was so cute with chubby cheeks and those curls.
Isabel, looks just as a sweet little girl should look. Just answer, when asked what your HIS name is, "Isabel". That could be funny.