Last weekend we drove out to Utah to see our nephew, Beckett, blessed by his daddy, Dan. It was a lot of fun, and our host family, Dan and Anne, were really nice! We laid Isabel and Beckett next to each other all the time, with the strict instruction that they discontinue the practice once they hit 12. You can tell they're loving it by the look on their faces. We got to check out all the big changes on the BYU campus, and I also successfully completed my mission to purchase, refrigerate and transport one quart of creamy delicious chocolate milk back to Denver for one of my co-workers. You owe me big time, Joel. Seriously, I want Mongolian Grill for lunch.


Aside from the blessing, nothing else really happened. Except when I was driving Dan and Anne's Intrepid and it caught on fire. Then the police came and emptied their fire extinguishers into the hood. Then, since the Spanish Fork P.D.'s valiant efforts didn't work, the firemen came and hacked the hood open with an axe and gave it the firehose treatment. That worked just fine. Then, once the highway reopened, a crooked tow-truck driver took the car away, and my brother had one less car than what he woke up with that morning.


Shout out to Spencer, seen here in his traditional squat.

6 comments:
nothing too exciting huh. I'd say. A car on fire is pretty standard scenery...
I would like to add something... if anyone is looking to buy a '97 dodge Intrepid we have one for a super good deal!
I think I heard about you on the news...
And I LOVE that poor picture of Teri nursing on the side of the freeway! Ah- in 15 years that will be a great memory!
So glad the trip was a success!
Cute little girl you have there. Crazy car setting fire. Gotta love where you can feed the baby anywhere pics!
You always have the best stories! I cannot believe you shut down the highway, caught a car on fire, and lived to blog about it! I am glad you got your prized possession out of the car! I need to come see her by the way. What a terrible godmother I am... Its a good thing I never had to take a vow or anything.
Remind me to never let you drive my car . . . oh wait it's already a blown up hunk of junk sitting in my garage. No joke.
Post a Comment