Saturday, February 5, 2011

Games of Yore

I am a COLLECTOR. Ryan says I am a hoarder. That's not true. I collect things that I know I'll like a lot in 20 years and that I know my children will also love. Luckily, my parents support me in this addiction habit.

So, Isabel has been really "in" to games lately. I've played a LOT of Candyland and I'll admit I am a bit sick of it. One day I decided to look for some of my old favorite games. Found them! Again, NOT a hoarder, I can find things! Then I took pictures.


First up, PERFECTION! Who didn't love Perfection? Please note that after all of these years it is only missing one single piece, that's pretty amazing.
And when it did this? Still makes a girl jump. (For real.)

Second, Simon. Oh, Simon. This game was so much fun. We had the big version AND the travel version. I just bought batteries the other day to see if this baby still works but I haven't tested it out yet. What a great game.

Thirdly, Lights Alive. I loved this. It was so cutting edge (so I thought). This was a later 80's toy (I think) that was a knock-off of a Light Bright (which we also own). Really cool. I'll show you sometime what it does if you don't already know. (Please note the dress up cloak on the little feet in the background. See previous post.)

And finally (for now), an E.T. card game. Did anyone else have this game? My sister and I played it all of the time. It was kind of like Old Maid but you did something different. Maybe I'll read the instructions sometime.

I love the pictures on the cards. So classic.
That's all for now. I am sure we have a few more of these awesome games tucked away in my parent's attic somewhere...

4 comments:

Alice said...

very cool games and a great collection indeed

Jennie said...

You are very good at collecting and obtaining a lot of cool things. I support the habit, in fact you should teach me some tricks.

I love those first two games. The ET one, don't know, but still a fun collector piece right?

Season and Isabella said...

That is awesome! So NOT hoarding! I remember all but the last two. Good times!

Erin said...

I have watched the show hoarder. YOU are not a hoarder. Nothing wrong with a game collection--I just wish we could get together and play. :(