Friday, January 14, 2011

This is a good story...

...about how I am a bad mom. Yesterday I was making dinner with Adelaide in the Baby Bjorn. I had to reach for something above the stove so I tried to hold her off to the side. Well, she's getting bigger and smarter and grabbier. She ended up kicking the hot pan I was using off of the burner and proceeded to put her little toes on the burner. TOES. ON. THE. BURNER. Zoinks. I saw smoke so I ripped her sock off of her foot and checked for damage. Her toes were fine. What saved her? Her sock. I picked up her sock and there was, in fact, evidence that there was some burning that had happened (besides the weird smell that is now penetrating my senses). All was fine. Then Isabel started crying. She was scared that her sister had been hurt and her sweet little caring self got all worked up quickly then was so relieved that she had to just let something out (so cute and sweet). Then it was over and we continued to make our delicious meal.

8 comments:

Lyssa said...

Oh my goodness. The look of that sock gives me the shivers. I'm so glad that she is okay!

Tamie said...

OH.MY.GOSH!!!! how scary --- and scary for Isabelle as well.....ACK!!!! i'm so glad that she was wearing socks!

Alice said...

so glad the toes were in tact!

Erin said...

I am so glad this story turned into an anecdote and not a tragedy. The way I see it you are a good Mom for putting her in socks.

Misty said...

No setting your kids on fire Teri. That sock made me think of putting my feet really close to a camp fire until my shoes melt, mmmm, warm. Glad everyone is okay.

Season and Isabella said...

How scary! And things like that happen THAT fast. So glad she's ok. Love that little Isabel too.

Susanna said...

When you come in April, Gk will tell you about his baby bjorn story with Delia. She wasn't wearing a sock. He still kicks himself for that one. Yikes.

I know I'm impatient, but why do I have to wait til April to see you? And do you have your tickets yet?

Ginna said...

OY!! How scary. I'm always worried that's going to happen when I have the baby in a wrap, leaning into the oven to get things in and out. Yikes snikeys.