Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Book For Lucy

Sorry I ended my blogging streak so abruptly. My excuses are the holidays and a knee surgery. Both were planned. We went out of town for the holidays and then two days later I had minor knee surgery which has left me a bit out of commission for about a week now. Today I am seeing the light. It would have been a great time to catch up on all things blogging but the computer is actually the least comfortable place for me to sit in this condition. All is well and hopefully I will feel awesome soon.

Another thing that had me a little tied up was a present I was trying to make for my new niece Lucy. This baby took me a bit of time but I so loved it in the end. Now I am not going to guarantee that all nieces and nephews from here on out will get them but Lucy got one. I really want to make one for each of my girls because I so love the way they turned out. I did much of the work but I do have to thank Ryan for his drawing contribution to this project. He drew most of them. Here's a look.

Cover
L is for Love, Lollipop, Lion
U is for Umbrella, Up, Underwear
C is for Car, Crayon, Corn
I is for Igloo, Inchworm, Ice Cream
L is for Ladybug, Lightbulb, Lunchbag, Leaf
E is for Earth, Egg, Elephant
Side note: Her real name is Lucile so I used that instead of Lucy which is what they call her.

7 comments:

Sarah Jayne said...

What a cute idea! And it turned out wonderfully! Good work. I'm very impressed. Knee surgery doesn't sound fun, though. I hope you're able to recover quickly and enjoy the holidays!

Susanna said...

Holy Cow! I love it! Now I wish my girls' names weren't quite so long though :)

Van I can do.

Alice said...

CUTE! and I love her full name:) so classic.

Erin said...

LOVE this!! If you come to book club tomorrow night, will you bring this? I would love to copy the idea.

Erin said...

Are you kidding me with this? The book turned out amazing! So creative and beautiful. It will be a treasure for little Lucy I am sure.

Season and Isabella said...

Really, really cute! Sorry, forgot about your surgery. I am trusting you would have called if you needed help! :) Hope all is healing and recovering well! See you soon!

Kathy said...

Very cute book Teri. I am impressed with your skills. Dixie told me you had surgery. Hope you knee is doing well and that you are back to your busy self soon as possible. Little Lucy is sooo cute. Love her smile.